From now on I will only be offering my one-day tasting classes to ready-made groups of colleagues or friends. It is no longer efficient for me to gather together groups of people one by one. The numbers required for such classes will be a minimum of four to a maximum of seven.
As a result of the new system I will be able to offer full day classes at the lower fees of £700 (no VAT) for a group of four with £150.00 (no VAT) per person for each extra place, including 12 -14 oils from around the olive oil world and a light lunch.
I can now also offer half day classes at £400.00 (no VAT) per group of four with £85.00 (no VAT) per person for each extra place, including 6-8 oils from around the olive oil world.
The venue for classes will remain in Brighton. The classes cover the following topics but there is provision for specific topics to be included on request in advance.
- What is olive oil
- Standards for extra virgin olive oil
- How to taste
- Why taste and what to look for
- Faulty oils and how to recognise them
- Describing olive oils
- Concept of style in olive oil
- Specific flavour characteristics
- Origins, designations and labelling
- Importance of varieties, fultivation and harvest time
- How olive oil is made
- Olive oil in the shop and the home
- Cooking with olive oil
Please let me know at email@example.com if you are interested in organising a group and we can discuss specific dates. I look forward to hearing from you.